Paneer made from 4 cups of full fat or low fat milk (2%)
3/4 cup powdered sugar
7-8 strands of good quality saffron mixed with 1 table spoon of hot milk
1/2 a drop of rose essence (optional)
1. Drain the freshly made paneer of all water by wringing it in a cheese cloth.
2. Knead the paneer with soft hand for 8-10 minutes until it’s very soft. This is an important step.
2. Cook the paneer and sugar in a heavy bottomed pan for ONLY 3-4 minutes. NO MORE THAN THAT.
3. When cool, mix in the rose essence.
4. Make 2 inch balls and dot them at the top with the saffron milk.
5. Chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours.