Niners or no Niners.. the show must go on…
Here is a zesty recipe for Mexican dip to set the mood for the Superbowl XLVIII Seattle Seahawks vs. Denver Broncos. I had found this recipe in my collection of handwritten recipes years back and since then have made it many times. It’s always a hit.
1 ½ cup refried beans
¼ cup cooked black beans (optional)
2/3rd cup regular or low-fat sour Cream
¼ cup pack regular /low fat Cream Cheese
1 cup Salsa (I used a combination of Tostitos and Pace, Hot)
1 ½ table spoon taco seasoning
2 table spoon spoon Mexican Hot Sauce
¼ cup of pickled jalapenos and olives
2 tbsp. finely chopped green onion
1 cup of shredded cheese
A bag of Mexican chips
1. Remove skin from avocado and mash it.
2. Mix sour cream, cream cheese, and avocado to form a smooth paste.
3. Add ½ tea spoon salt, taco seasoning and Mexican hot sauce and mix well. Taste to adjust salt/spices.
4. In an 8 inch round tray, spread the refried beans evenly.
5. Spread the black beans, if using.
6. Layer with the smooth paste we made in step 2 above.
7. Spread the salsa.
8. Top with pickled jalapenos, green onions, olives and cilantro.
9. Sprinke the shredded cheese on top.
Enjoy with tortilla chips.