I am lucky to have two exceptionally talented cooks as my sisters. Like Akshay Patra अक्षयपात्र, the amazing number of delicious things they can cook is inexhaustible. Here is a recipe to make super delicious Chaklis from my sister Sharada. It took me just about 45 minutes to make these – from start to finish.
1 + 1/4 cup rice flour
3/4 cup daliya/soft, split chickpeas/hurgadle
2/3 tea spoon salt
3 table spoon butter
1/3 tea spoon hing
1 tea tea spoon til/sesame seeds
1/4 tea spoon jeera/cumin seeds
Approx. 2/3 cup water
1. Grind Daliya to a fine powder.
2. Mix all ingredients except butter and water.
3. Add warm, melted butter and mix it well into flour.
4. Add water little by little and knead into a dough.
5. Make sure the dough is soft yet stiff.
6. At this point, heat approx. 3 cups oil in a frying pan.
6. Continue to knead the dough for at least 5 minutes.
7. With a chakli maker, make round chaklis and fry 2-4 at a time, depending on the size of the frying pan, on medium-low heat.
This recipes will make approx. 15 medium size chaklis.